About the Use and the Features of HAWACH Pipette Tips
As a new-generation brand based on the global market, HAWACH fully considers the market and customer needs in the development of product portfolio and product design and strives to provide high-quality, affordable, and easy-to-use laboratory products, with flexible and intimate localization services to help experiment staff reduce costs and increase efficiency. Today, we will discuss the pipette and its tip.
Pipette tips use
1. Install the pipette tip:
After the bottom end of the pipette handle enters the tip, gently press down while shaking the pipette left and right or slightly rotating the pipette (only single-channel pipettes can be rotated) 1-2 seconds if you operate in the tip box; If you are using bulk tips, turn the tips slightly for 1-2 seconds while gently applying pressure to the pipette. If this operation does not achieve the desired seal, you need to check the tip and pipette.
2. Pipette selection range:
In general, the usable range of the pipette is 10-100% of the maximum range of the pipette. The best suggestion based on operating experience is: the best range of the pipette is 35-100% of the maximum range of the pipette.
3. The pipette controls the aspiration speed:
When the pipette is aspirating liquid, the downward pressure of the thumb must be slowly reduced to make the liquid rise evenly and slowly in the pipette tip.
4. The pipette controls the depth and angle of aspiration
Minimal contact with liquid on the outer wall of the tip
5. Regarding the dwell time of the pipette:
The pipette is for large-range pipetting (ml level) and pipettes with a significantly higher viscosity than water samples. After releasing the thumb during aspiration, the pipette must stay in the liquid for 3-5 seconds before removing it.
6. Regarding pipette storage:
Adjust the pipette to the maximum range and then hang up, after using it. To be proficient in the use of pipettes, we must master the above requirements.
Common mistakes of pipette tips
1) When aspirating liquid, the pipette itself tilts, causing inaccurate pipetting (the liquid should be aspirated vertically, and slowly aspirate and release slowly).
2) When assembling the tip, it is difficult to detach the tip with too much force (no need to apply too much force, choose the tip that matches the pipette).
3) Lay the pipette with the residual liquid tip flat (the pipette should be hung on the pipette rack).
4) Use a large-range pipette to pipette small-volume samples (a pipette with a suitable range should be selected).
5) Press directly to the second level to aspirate liquid (should follow the above standard method).
6) Use acetone or a strong corrosive liquid to clean the pipette (you should refer to the correct cleaning method).
HAWACH pipette tips
HAWACH pipette tips are available in 10 μL, 200 μL, and 1000 μL sizes, which have universal compatibility with mainstream pipettes on the market. The 20μL-1000μL conductive tips are made of high-quality polypropylene material, and each product batch has passed rigorous testing to ensure consistent high quality; the surface is highly smooth, which can effectively prevent the sample from hanging on the wall, thereby ensuring the repeatability of the experiment. The tip is optimized to ensure a good tightness and is used for pipetting, dispensing, and mixing; filling orifice plates and reaction tubes, as well as supernatant extraction and removal and other experimental operations.
Filtered pipette tips are of a high level of cleanliness, certified, DNase-free, RNase-free, and pyrogen-free, and can be used in a variety of experimental steps, including liquid pipetting, dispensing, mixing, experimental containers and working plates adding samples, etc.